Job: Regional Communications Manager, SNV EcuadorSNV is looking for a dynamic and experienced professional who will be responsible for external positioning, design and implementing the regional PR and (internal – external) communication plan.
SNV Development Organization
Regional Communications Manager
SNV Netherlands Development Organization, a leading international development organization with more than 900 technical advisors active in 33 countries, is looking for a Communications Manager for its initiatives in Latin America and North America. This position will work with an integrated and well- coordinated communications and fundraising team and will report to the Senior Regional Manager (SRM) for Development & Marketing in Washington DC.
As a leading development institution specialized in advisory services and providing support to local/national organizations, in the governmental, non-governmental and private sector, SNV is committed to the reduction of poverty consistent with nationally defined poverty reduction strategies aligned to the UN's Millennium Development Goals. As such, SNV has defined innovative impact–oriented strategies and policies to reduce poverty with a specific focus on sustainable income and employment generation and the effective provision of basic services (health, education, water and sanitation and renewable energy). SNV also applies the principles of transparent and effective governance and environmental sustainability toward these two impact areas.
SNV's regional presence in Latin America includes more than 20 offices in Honduras, Nicaragua, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and one office in Washington DC. The Duty station for this position will be at the regional office in Quito, Ecuador. SNV works with over 200 highly qualified advisors in the region who combine technical expertise with standard organisational development and strategy consulting approaches to ensure effective delivery of SNV services to our client base. Given the breadth and depth of our advisory practice, SNV is positioning itself as a knowledge organization and as such places great emphasis on internal and external communications, including marketing our organization towards donors.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced professional who will be responsible for external positioning, design and implementing the regional PR and (internal – external) communication plan. Additionally he/she will manage 1 communications officer based in Quito.
- Establishes internal and external regional PR/communication/marketing strategy in coordination with the Senior Regional Manager (SRM)
- Develops specific communication strategies with regards to Fundraising, PR, Internal Communication and Labour Market Communication.
- Steers re-design, use and maintenance of SNV Regional website, and e-portal putting emphasis on knowledge management
- Assures adherence to corporate identity guidelines
- Coordinates press contacts
- In close coordination with the SRM and the Regional Director (RD), liaise with other international and national non-governmental organizations in the region and explore possibilities for common communication initiatives.
- Advises Regional Director, SRM, Country Directors and other managers on public performance and the relation between strategy and internal and external communication.
- Manage and coordinate other team members as and when necessary.
- Higher Academic education (e.g. communication studies, journalism preferably with relevant Masters degree);
- Preferred 10 years relevant work experience ( e.g. internal and external PR and communication strategies, marketing strategies, working with internet, website design and knowledge portals)
- Preferably work experience in Latin America and knowledge of the development context
- Experience managing professionals at a distance
- Proven track record in design and implementation of communication and relevant marketing strategies.
- Availability for frequent travel within Latin America and to North America and Europe.
- Fluency in English necessary; fluency in Spanish preferred.
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong track record /and outstanding level of performance.
- Commitment to SNV's mission and values.
- Familiarity with development issues.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Knowledge broker and networker.
How to Apply: