Certificate in Advocacy and Citizen Engagement12 – 30 November, 2007
This three-week certificate explores advocacy as a political act. It is designed to enhance the capacity of civil society to influence decision-makers and policy makers by building the constituency for change and mobilizing public opinion around issues of common concern. The program explores the theoretical foundations of advocacy, key elements of advocacy planning, strategies for action and critical issues in advocacy work today. The program is intended for civil society actors who are either currently engaged in or are interested in pursuing development solutions through the political process.
As a result of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the conceptual frameworks for engaging in effective advocacy work;
- Demonstrate skills in influencing public policy and mobilizing public opinion in support of social and economic change;
- Enhance knowledge through the sharing of advocacy and networking experiences, issues and approaches;
- Explore ways to establish an ongoing learning network for capacity building in advocacy.
The Coady Institute is able to offer its participants access to:
- A library specializing in community-based development
- Comfortable residences
- All university resources, including newly constructed recreation and athletic facilities, campus library and renovated dining hall
- Many on-campus activities including guest lecture series, socials, intramurals, theatre and music
Note: Applicants should have some direct experience in advocacy work and want to enhance their understanding and skills in this area.
ApplicationFor further information and application forms, please see the applications page here. Sitio Web (URL): http://www.coady.stfx.ca/education/certificates/advocacy.cfm Organizador: Coady International Institute Locación del evento: Nova Scotia, Canada Fecha de inicio: 2007-11-12 4:25 Fecha de término: 2007-11-30 12:00