APVOFM Workshop: Introduction to Financial ManagementThe Association of PVO Financial Managers Two-Day Workshop: Introduction to Financial Management (October, 2003)
Program, fundraising, bookkeeping, accounting and other staff in non-profits have to deal with financial issues daily. Often they have to deal with unfamiliar procedures, unknown terms, and unusual issues.
The Association of PVO Financial Managers is sponsoring a workshop on Financial Management to help these staff members understand better the terminology and concepts that they need to know to perform their jobs more effectively.
Topics that will be addressed in the workshop include:
- understanding accounting language--a look at key terms that financial executives use and what they mean
- budgeting essentials
- financial statement analysis
- indirect cost rates and overhead--can you compare them?
- how to make financial budgets flexible and,
- how to know if a program cost is appropriate (relating budgets to activities).
All participants will receive a resource book which includes definitions of terms, sample budget sheets and model indirect cost proposals.Website (URL): http://www.apvofm.org/workshops.htm Organizer: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Event Location: Washington, DC or Bethesda, MD, USA Start Date: 2003-10-16 4:00 End Date: 2003-10-17 11:30