The call for cases is interested in all forms of South-South technical cooperation in the context of aid effectiveness, presented by countries, organizations, companies and individuals from the public, private and social sectors.
All case stories should fulfill the following criteria:
1. The case story should address South-South technical cooperation, including those aiming to foster capacity development, in the context of aid effectiveness
2. The project should preferably have taken place within the last five years
3. Case stories should be less than 2,000 words—following the guidelines of the entry form
4. The Case Story should highlight one or more of the following aspects:
- Horizontal relations and mutual learning among the involved partners
- Lessons learned for understanding SSC in the context of aid effectiveness
- Adaptation of the principles and commitments of the Paris Declaration and the Accra Agenda for Action
- Coordination of the activity with the national development planning and aid coordination context
- Lessons learned on the capacities of the SSC providers
- Innovative approaches in thematic sectors and modalities, including triangular cooperation
- Relation to regional agendas of SSC and aid effectiveness
- Support of capacities to cope with global challenges, for example through capacity development and an improved enabling environment
How will the case stories be processed?
Based on the above mentioned criteria, all SSC case stories submitted which meet the basic eligibility criteria will become official entries listed on the South-South Opportunity web site.
Once all official entries are collected:
- An evaluation team representing deep subject-matter expertise and regional diversity will review all official entries and qualify a pool representing the most complete and relevant entries based on scoring around clearly defined criteria.
- The pool of top quality cases will be translated into additional languages among Spanish, French and English for broader international dissemination
- A selection of top quality cases will be further refined and presented at the Colombia HLE
- During the Colombia HLE, conference participants will review and score the case stories and three SSC People’s Choice Award Winners will be named