Human Resource Management_________________________________________________
Welcome to the Human Resource Management folder of the Impact Alliance Resource Center. Human resource management (HRM) is the part of management concerned with all the decisions, strategies, functions, operations, and methods related to the management of people as employees in any type of organization. HRM also includes a variety of activities, including determining staffing needs, managing approaches to employee benefits and compensation, employee records and personnel policies.
There are two ways in which human resource management and capacity building intersect. First, the success of an organization's development initiatives directly depend upon their possession of critical skills and abilities, and then knowing how to mobilize and apply them to achieve results. This requires that the organization have the necessary skills to effectively manage its human resources.
Secondly, capacity building at the micro level involves building the capacities of individuals to help them become more effective and skilled resources, which will increase their value to an organization or a development effort.
Explore this folder to learn more about how to better build human resources at your organization.
- SHRM Global Forum
- Human Resources Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations
- Making E-Learning Work in the Nonprofit Sector
- Nonprofit Compensation and Benefits Practices
- The Jossey-Bass Handbook of Nonprofit Leadership and Management
- American Red Cross - Volunteer Administration Manual
- Checklist of Human Resource Management Indicators for Nonprofit ...
- HIV/AIDS and the World of Work
- The State of HR in International Humanitarian and Development Organisations ...
- Basic Overview of Human Resource Management
- CompassPoint Nonprofit Services
- Free Basic Guide to Leadership and Supervision
- Free Management Library's On-Line Organization Development Program Module ...
- Gestion Humana.com
- Inteligencia Emocional
- People In Aid website
- Writing Good Work Objectives