Welcome to the Gender folder of the Impact Alliance Resource Center. Addressing the issue of gender rights and equality is essential in advancing development and reducing poverty. Women make up over half of the world’s population, but they also make up two-thirds of the world’s illiterate. Women form the backbone of economic activities, but they are often prohibited from making independent economic decisions. They care for the wellbeing of their families, but they often do not have access to adequate health care services themselves. They protect their children from harm and maltreatment, but who protects them against forced marriages, harmful traditional practices, and sexual and domestic violence? The need to ensure gender equality and promote women’s rights is increasingly being recognized by all development stakeholders.
In this folder, you will find resources and information on women’s economic, political and educational empowerment, women’s sexual and reproductive health, and further issues pertaining to women’s rights and gender equality.
1 | 2 Page 1 of 2
- "Mujer, bosques y plantaciones: una dimensión de género".
- Gender Equality and Men: Learning from Practice
- Accelerating Change: Resources for Gender Mainstreaming
- Budgeting for Equity
- Development Effectiveness in Practice: Applying the Paris Declaration to ...
- Dying of Sadness: Gender, Sexual Violence and the HIV Epidemic
- Empowering Young Women to Lead Change
- Engaging Men in Gender Equality: Positive Strategies and Approaches
- Gender and project management: a contribution to the quality management of ...
- Gender equality and aid delivery: what has changed in development ...
- Gender Equality as Smart Economics
- Gender in the Information Society: Emerging issues
- Gender Responsive Budgeting in Practice: a Training Manual
- Good Practices in Promoting Gender Equality in ILO Technical Cooperation ...
- Human Rights-Based Programming
- Manual for Gender Audit Facilitators
- Memory Checks for Programme and Project Design - Household Food Security ...
- Revisiting gender training: the making and remaking of gender knowledge – a ...
- "Women, political participation and decision-making in Africa"
- Course: Promoting Gender and Rights in Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS 1 | 2 Page 1 of 2