Capacity Building Trends and Related ResourcesAn invaluable collection of trends in the field of capacity building, future implications and resources.
CB Trends and Resources.doc 134 KB
This document highlights and briefly describes some of the fundamental trends that are shaping the thinking and practice of capacity building today. For each trend identified, a set of related resources has been included that provides high level synthesis or conceptual framing of the trend. The goal of this document is not to provide the reader with a compendium of “how-to” guides for capacity building; rather, it is to introduce some of the key theoretical resources that have the potential to drive our capacity building work into the future. The listing of trends and associated resources is by no means exhaustive. We welcome additional contributions and adaptations of this document.
The document consists of 10 sections:
- Scaling-up Program Impact
- Localization of Capacity Building Response by the MDGs
- Rise of Organizational Networks Dedicated to Learning
- Rise of Social Entrepreneurship
- Mass Collaboration and the Recognition of the Wisdom of Crowds
- Increased Focus on Capacity Building for Good Governance
- Increased Focus on Capacity Building for HIV/AIDS Response
- Increased Focus on Capacity Building for Risk Reduction and Emergency Preparedness
- Rise in Mutual Accountability Models
- Growing Linkages Between Capacity Building and Grantmaking