News 12 of 18
|The newsletter of the Impact Alliance||November 2006|
Developing the capacity of young people is a critical goal for most countries around the world. It is essential that civil society and business leaders promote leadership skills and create opportunities for young people to express their creativity in a positive way. This month’s newsletter features a number of useful resources and links related to youth development. We hope you find a resource relevant to your work, and encourage you to browse through the website to review recent additons to this and other capacity development topics.
Please remember to share your news with other members of this network by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous editions of Connections are also available on the website.
Impact Alliance Director
Clip art in this newsletter © 2005 Sinasis Technologies, Inc. Artvex.com. All rights reserved.
- Capacity Development: The Hard Way. SNV staff members document new findings on local governance strengthening in West Africa. Read on
- IDASA to establish The School for Democracy: This initiative was proposed to address the need for a paradigm shift in democracy building work in Africa.
- Announcing a New SANGONeT Programme – SANGOTeCH: SANGONeT announces the introduction of the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal. Read on
- Leadership in Civil Society: A Global Perspective: A summary of discussions among civil society representatives facilitated by Sida. Read on
- Media Focus on Africa launches the first Kenya Leadership Month: Between 9 November and 7 December 2006, the Media Focus on Africa Foundation is implementing a multi-media strategy to facilitate public debate in Kenya on topics of effective leadership and good governance. Read on
- African Development Forum: “Youth and Leadership in the 21st Century”. The Forum is a multi-stakeholder platform for debating, discussing and initiating concrete strategies for Africa's development. Read on
- MDF Winter 2006 Courses: During the coming winter months MDF Training & Consultancy is offering a variety of courses on Project Cycle Management (PCM) and relations with stakeholders, partners and organisations. Read on
- Monitoring and Evaluation in Development Course Schedule 2007: IMA International is organizing this course for development practitioners in different locations during 2007. Read on
- New announcements for training events: Visit the Events page for the latest on international training being organized by Impact Alliance members and other service providers. Read on
- International Journal Seeks Contributions from the Developing World: The Editorial Board of the International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing welcomes papers, briefings, case studies and reviews for publication. Read on
- Call for Case Studies! African, Asian and Latin American Case Studies Needed for Fundraising Booklets: In 2007, the Resource Alliance will begin publishing a series of booklets – both in print and online – that will help fundraisers in the Global South to meet some of the biggest challenges they face. Read on
- Access to Learning Award (ATLA) 2007: This award recognizes excellence in providing access to information through computers, at no cost to the user. Read on
- Commonwealth Foundation Guidelines for Civil Society Responsive Grants (2006-2007). Read on
- TakingITGlobal Financial Opportunities Database: Browse through grants, scholarships and other financial opportunities with specific and open deadlines. Read on
- Creating Better Cities with Children and Youth: A Manual for Participation. A practical manual on how to conceptualize, structure and facilitate the participation of young people in the community development process by David Driskell. Read on
- Creative Tools: Civic Engagement of Young People. This manual presents an approach and provides tools for engaging young people in municipal governance based on the work of Growing Up in Cities Canada (GUICC). Read on
- UNESCO Young Digital Creators (YDC) Educator’s Kit: The Kit is designed to help teachers and educators working in schools, youth clubs, community centres, and training institutes to generate and manage project-based learning activities with young people. Read on
- The Handbook of Youth Mentoring: This publication provides the first scholarly and comprehensive synthesis of current theory, research, and practice in the field of youth mentoring. Read on
- Youth Leadership: This issue of the New Directions for Youth Development Journal raises important questions regarding this often overlooked subject. Read on
- Youth in Community-Driven Development: Community-Driven Development approaches present an effective means to involve young people in local development decision-making, giving them voice and influencing power, with benefits for themselves and their communities. Read on
- World Development Report 2007: Development and the Next Generation. The time has never been better to invest in young people living in developing countries—that is the message of this year’s World Development Report, the twenty-ninth in the series. Read on
- Alliances for Youth: What Works in CSR Partnerships. A unique look at the benefits, challenges, and learning experiences of global companies and non-profits working together towards a common goal. Read on
- Innovative Practices of Youth Participation in Media: A research study by UNESCO on twelve initiatives from developing and underdeveloped regions of the world. Read on
- One Stop Youth Centre: Engaging Youth in Sustainable Development. The Centre's programmes are designed to build the capacity of urban youth by offering education, employment and empowerment opportunities. Read on
- The Youth Employment Summit (YES) 2006 highlights: Ministerial and Civil Society Forum Declarations confirm commitment from Summit delegates to support the YES Campaign. Read on
Website (URL) http://www.impactalliance.org
|| Impact Alliance
|| 2025-12-31 12:00
|| news, events, opportunities, resources