About the communityBackground and objectives
The Conservation Finance Alliance (CFA) was established in 2002 to try to answer to the financial challenges found in the sustainability of protected areas systems. CFA with the support of TNC’s Parks in Peril Program sponsored by USAID, formulated a project that looks for the following objectives in the ambit conformed by Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru y Jamaica:
- Support to national sustainable finance planning groups at system-level
- Capacity building of selected project stakeholders
- Support to site-based sustainable finance activities
- Learning and exchange.
The learning community fits in this fourth objective, and through it is expected to fill knowledge gaps and develop the skills of the participants, in order to improve their financial strategies for protected areas. Moreover, it is expected that the learning community will contribute to the success of the other objectives of the project
It has as an antecedent a workshop carried out between April 21 and 22 in Lima, Peru, where were set the bases for this learning initiative, and a coordination meeting held in Panama, on September of 2005.
The learning community started its activities the last quarter of 2005 and will stay active until the first semester of 2007. The general work plan and the terms of reference for the participation in the learning communities are available on this portal.
- Acuerdos para la culminación del documento final
- Acuerdos para la entrega de documento final de la comunidad
- Meeting in Panama
- Memoria de taller de aprendizaje e intercambio de experiencias en ...
- Plan de Trabajo
- Terminos de Referencia para la participación
- TOR for the participation in the learning community
- Agenda de la comunidad de Aprendizaje