What We Do___________________
The Impact Alliance generates value for its partners, members and clients through helping them to connect around their priorities, develop new capabilities, and scale-up what is working best.
Accelerate Knowledge Exchange
The Impact Alliance provides an internationally referenced knowledge exchange platform connecting organizations, practitioners, and their knowledge on priority cross-cutting themes central to better organizational performance, scale and sustainability. We provide an effective mechanism for practitioners to access tools and services, as well as to broadly share their expertise and success stories.
- 200,000+ unique visitors from 212 countries during the last 12 months
- 16,500+ online resources available for free public access
- 3,300+ registered members
Catalyze Learning and Innovation
The Impact Alliance convenes people around priority thematic issues to accelerate learning about what works and what doesn't. We facilitate Impact Summits and Collaborative Challenges to map resources, connect people and strengthen professional communities practice.
- The Impact Alliance designs and implements Collaborative Challenges for various international development agencies. We utilize the online platform and global network of the Impact Alliance to rapidly mobilize thousands of people, generating hundreds of case story entries documenting practical experience and expanding the knowledge-base for these international campaigns.
- Visit the Capacity is Development Knowlege Fair of the United Nations Development Programme
- Visit the South-South Technical Cooperation Case Story Challenge
- Visit the Knowledge Management Impact Challenge of the United States Agency for International Development
Effective networks are increasingly recognized as the foundation for achieving greater impact. The Impact Alliance supports the design and implementation of organizational networks and learning initiatives that accelerate peer knowledge exchange, open innovation and capacity development. Services include: network mapping and assessment, strategy and architecture, leadership development and communities of practice.
- Working with the British Department for International Development (DFID) and regional partners in Latin America, the Impact Alliance designed and implemented a three-year Latin America regional learning network on local governance. The learning network blended local pilot programs, regional dialogue and online knowledge exchange to deliver a demand-driven, cost-effective initiative. Visit http://tinyurl.com/4thu7z
Scale-Up What Works
- As a result of an initial three-day Impact Summit on the topic of local governance strengthening, a participatory assessment methodology to help local leaders measure good governance was conceived and over the course of several months a formal methodology was refined and tested. A strategic partnership was created to govern the growth of the shared innovation. The Local Governance Barometer has since been implemented in more than 15 countries by multiple Impact Alliance partners. Visit http://www.pact.mg/lgb/